Community Archive - SanTan Sun News - page 6

Community

Gilbert OKs massive complex despite Chandler complaints

Gilbert OKs massive complex despite Chandler complaints

September 30th, 2018 | by SanTan Sun News
By Cecilia Chan, Staff Ginger Rowley recalled buying a house in 1995 that backed up to land zoned commercial. The lot was later rezoned for multifamily units — and that is when the nightmare began, according to Rowley. “I had...
Lawyers seek to make medical pot-related products legal again

Lawyers seek to make medical pot-related products legal again

September 27th, 2018 | by SanTan Sun News
By Howard Fischer, Capitol Media Services Attorneys are asking the Arizona Supreme Court to overturn a lower court decision which makes criminals out of medical marijuana patients who choose to use edibles and liquids rather than...
Meet the candidates for Chandler Unified’s governing board

Meet the candidates for Chandler Unified’s governing board

September 26th, 2018 | by SanTan Sun News
JOSHUA ASKEY Age: 47 Immediate family: My wife and I have three boys — Cade (18), Quinn (17) and Kye (12). Cade is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cebu East mission....
New garage signals first sign of Overstreet project in downtown

New garage signals first sign of Overstreet project in downtown

September 25th, 2018 | by SanTan Sun News
Santan Sun News Staff Visitors to downtown Chandler now have a new place to park after the first structure of the much-heralded Overstreet project opened. A five-floor, 350-stall parking garage was opened at the northeast corner...
New workout studio coming to Ocotillo

New workout studio coming to Ocotillo

September 24th, 2018 | by SanTan Sun News
Santan Sun News Staff SPENGA, a workout studio that combines spin, strength and yoga in one 60-minute session, is coming to Ocotillo on Nov. 1. The studio, to be located at 1075 W. Queen Creek Road, boasts experienced instructors...
‘Phenomenon’ winner presents a show for all ages

‘Phenomenon’ winner presents a show for all ages

September 21st, 2018 | by SanTan Sun News
By Christina Fuoco-Karasinski, Staff Mike Super doesn’t consider being a magician a job. The “Phenomenon” winner feels like he won the jackpot. “I get to be a big kid and do what I love,” said Super, who plays Chandler...
Queen Creek celebrates history with Founders’ Day

Queen Creek celebrates history with Founders’ Day

September 20th, 2018 | by SanTan Sun News
By Laura Latzko, Contributor The town of Queen Creek was officially incorporated in 1989, but it has a much deeper history. Native American communities, homesteaders and immigrants made their home in the area that is now Queen...
Queen Creek shows off new 48-acre Mansel Carter Oasis Park

Queen Creek shows off new 48-acre Mansel Carter Oasis Park

September 19th, 2018 | by SanTan Sun News
By Parker Shea, Contributor A proud Queen Creek Mayor Gail Barney stood in front of the new Mansel Carter Oasis Park’s placid fishing lake and began the park’s ribbon-cutting ceremony this month by mentioning the park’s...
Gilbert man’s fraud scheme netted $6M, AG says

Gilbert man’s fraud scheme netted $6M, AG says

September 14th, 2018 | by SanTan Sun News
By Cecilla Chan, Staff A Gilbert man was due for an initial pretrial conference Oct. 9 in connection with charges he faces in a fraudulent loan scheme that allegedly bilked victims over $6 million, officials said. A state grand...
Furniture shop helps needy bridge gap

Furniture shop helps needy bridge gap

September 14th, 2018 | by SanTan Sun News
By Lee Shappell, Managing Editor Furniture that’s as good as new … at prices that can’t be beat … for a great cause, helping families and veterans who are on the street. At the new Got Legs Furniture & Décor Store in...